Sunday, September 28, 2008

XL Dose of Reality

Well since my last posting many things have changed. I used to have a dog and he is now gone. My house was filled with 7 years worth of stuff. It is now either in storage or gone (Who said there was no upside to moving). I now have a Remax sign listing my house for sale in maybe one of the worst housing markets in the history of the United States. So much for the upside...
It was surreal seeing a stranger who is now in charge of selling 7 years worth of memories stick a sign in the ground that basically says "Memories for Sale" at 80 cents on the dollar. It does not seem that long ago that I was laying eight pallets of grass in the backyard with the help of a laundry basket because I was too cheap to buy a wheel barrow. 2 kids later, 6 trees (4 survived), countless coats of paint, and finally one bad memory (dealing with the remodeling of a kitchen) all for sale.
The kids now know about the move. It was a mixed bag of reaction. AM, countless questions about living in an apartment which would be like a hotel. GM, was not so pleased with the announcement, but cheered up when we celebrated with a cake. Time will tell, but I think the kids will react better than either Jen or myself.
I started French lessons yesterday and let me just say that if there is a boy under an airplane while we are in France, I have it taken care of (guscon sous un avion).
Overall, the number of of moving pieces are countless right now. Transfer day is more like late in the year.

No comments: