Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New Year, New Day, New Keyboard

Well for starters, I have made a resolution to blog more than quarterly. Brutal. Lots has occur ed since 9/28. Jen is living with her family because we sold our house and today was my first day in Paris. We had a nice holiday season and I even let Jen go skiing. Hopefully, those pictures will be posted soon.

I landed today in Paris. I now know why the barter economy has failed. I now think I should become a Economics professor which specializes in the bartering system. Lesson 1, you can not use mosquito repellent meant for West Africa in 1st world countries. For example,

Me: Mr. Taxi driver, do you take Euros?

Taxi Driver: "Yes."

55 Euros later and upon arrival to our apartment.

Me: Do you take Visa?

Taxi Driver: No. I don't take credit cards.

Me: I don't have Euros.

Taxi Driver: There is a bank machine across the street.

(5 minutes pass as I look for my bank card which is 5,000+ miles away in Houston).

Me: I don't have my bank card with me. What about mosquito repellent?

Today, Paris gets to say "Scoreboard." New keyboards where my a's are z's, no bank cards, and a 20 minute fight to get into the apartment door. I think that I have moved to the set of Survivor. So my plans for stocking up the place with food have now changed to eating peanut butter cookies and watching French TV. If it gets worse from here, I will consider moving to Greenland.

Paris: 1
Brett: 0

Paris leads in the best of 1,095 day series.

No comments: