Saturday, January 17, 2009

Ye Who Have Little Faith

Marathons. They are a unique event. The fact that someone has the desire and willingness to put their body through such pain (and not to mention do it in some rather revealing clothing). I myself am a .5 marathoner. I really don't know what that means, but it is a fact. After the completion of my race, I had no desire to move for about two weeks. I never have understood the person on the microphone that continues to yell at 6:00 am like it is some kind of disco club in Vegas. That being said, I admire the people that participate because it is quite an achievement to complete one.

It is even a bigger achievement to complete one in under 3:50. This number has significant importance to a few people in this world. One being me, the other being Jen. This time will determine the destination of the greatest beach or ski vacation anyone has ever seen.

Today is an important day for several reasons. Today's most important event is the marathon in Houston. Unfortunately, I will not be there to see Jen run in the marathon that she has been training for since the middle of this year. However, that being said I know that she will do great. If she is not done in under 6 hours, we may have to discuss the "training fees" in Beaver Creek (kidding of course).

She is the heart and soul of our family who happens to be a great athlete as well. So on behalf of Abby, Grey, and myself, "Go get'em Jenni" and "LET'S GET EXCITED RUNNERS. ARE YOU READY? I KNOW THAT BEAUMONT CAN HEAR ME RIGHT NOW, BUT I SAID ARE YOU READY? I HAVE HAD 100 CUPS OF COFFEE AND I CAN NOT STOP SCREAMING."

It is madness.

Do great Jen.

No comments: