Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Why is it taking so long to pass the salt?

Last night, the kids and I had dinner together. The problem was that I needed a napkin, and well let just say that although they are both growing like weeds these days, neither could reach over the Atlantic Ocean to oblige my request. As I have stated before, Skype is great.
Life is pretty quiet over here at the moment with the gang in Houston. Playing Uno by yourself is unbelievably predictable. It is a little ironic that you have a game called Uno that needs a minimum of two people to play. It does give me time to work on my strategy for Uno as the kids have come to enjoy this game immensely. This is a shocker, but Abby LOVES and I mean LOVES to see someone have to draw 4 or 2. She truly revels in the moment. Competitive? I believe that this is clear. Grey on the other hand is again sneaky smart. Grey gets a draw 4 or Wild and it goes something like this:
Grey plays a Wild or Draw 4.
Grey: I want the color to be green.
Dad: Grey, you have 15 blues and 7 yellows in your hand. Do you want to the color to be yellow or blue?
Grey: Green.
Abby: Grey, you can't call green. You don't have any greens.
Grey: Green.
Abby: Dad!
Dad: Abby, he can call any color he wants.
Grey (now sheepishly smiling that he has messed with the preassigned logic of his sister): Green.
And then what typically happens is that Abby and I will inevitably have to draw about 10 cards a piece before we see Grey's favorite color, green. I must say the tactic is pretty clever and has worked several times as he has won on multiple occassions because of this little manuever.
Finally, today is mom's birthday. 60, wow that is a big number. I mean 60, serious. Wow. Still doing what she is doing at 60. Happy Birthday Mom and PS I know that you are 59, but I took the pleasure in rounding up for you.
I have to go work now and I need a coat today because it is 60 degrees outside. Upon arrival in Texas I have informed the flight crew on Continental that it is possible I will melt into a big puddle of transparent meat prior to exiting the jet bridge.

No comments: